"With us, all clients’ foreign trade payments will be done fast, efficiently and seamlessly through our partner bank and unique online payment and trading platform," says Herman Bezuidenhout, CEO of BeztForex, a silver partner at the Finance Indaba Africa 2017 on 12 and 13 October 2017 at the Sandton Convention Centre in Johannesburg.
- Finance professionals and accountants register for the Finance Indaba for free with code FB2017!
In the coming weeks and months, we will be chatting to all the Indaba partners, asking them why they are joining the event and what their most important message for finance professionals is.
Do you want to hear how BeztForex can make importers and exporters more competitive? Do you want to be informed about the latest and greatest in finance? Then don't miss the Finance Indaba Africa 2017.
The Finance Indaba is the biggest annual event on the continent for financial managers and specialists who are seeking partnerships to drive progress. Thousands of delegates will gain valuable insights into realising financial performance and growth, becoming more efficient and accessing funding, among a host of other opportunities from leading players in financial services.
Why will you be present at the Finance Indaba?
"The main visitors to the Finance Indaba are CFOs, FDs and Finance Managers. They ultimately make all the finance and foreign exchange (FX) decisions in their organisations and therefor the Indaba provides an excellent platform for BeztForex to showcase our value proposition to prospective clients."
What will you be talking about or showcasing?
"The mission of our business is to make importers and exporters more competitive. We will be showing clients how we can reduce the cost of imports, increase revenues for exports, automate their overseas payments and to better manage FX risk exposures."
What challenges can you help finance professionals/firms with in 2017?
- "Speed is always a major consideration when doing import/export payments. With us, all clients' foreign trade payments will be done fast, efficiently and seamlessly through our partner bank and unique online payment and trading platform. All payments and SWIFT messages will be facilitated through a new settlement account to be opened with our partner bank.
- Exchange rates and fees. With us the main benefits of using us are:
- Very competitive exchange rates
- A low single bank transaction fee
- Direct access to a dealing room
- Free use of our web-based FX system
- No need to change your bank account
- SPOT/FEC trading facilities. We will endeavour to establish a SPOT/FEC trading facility with our partner bank, without the placement of any margin, with our partner bank.
- FX Risk Management. One of the biggest challenges facing Importers and Exporters involved in cross border currency payments, is how best to manage and mitigate the impact of volatile currency markets on their business operations, cost competitiveness and profitability."
How do you help clients deal with fluctuating exchange rates?
"Without a proper foreign exchange management policy, and a proper risk management tool, companies are not able to control the potential adverse effects of currency movements, which can lead to increased cost and reduced market share and profits. We provide our clients with the only available tool of its kind in South Africa to manage FX risks, as well as assisting them to establish a FX risk policy and framework that will suit their business needs and risk appetite. There are several different approaches and strategies available to reduce risk posed by currency movements, which can be specifically customised around the company's foreign exchange requirements. Naturally the needs of companies will differ from company to company depending on numerous factors including turnover, mandates, costing model, etc. We are also able to assists importers and exporters to manage and mitigate FX exposures on an outsourced basis."
How important is technology in your business?
"As mentioned above we provide a market leading FX platform through our partner bank. Technology plays a vital role in our business and we will continue to enhance the platform in line with our clients' requirements."