Oracle IDC webinar: Digital transformation is no longer just an option
Oracle's Ronnie Toerien: Organisations are seeking to accelerate their digital transformation.
On 20 May, Mark Walker, the IDC's associate vice president of vertical industries for the Middle East and Africa, and Ronnie Toerien, Oracle HCM sales, development and strategy leader Africa, will be presenting a webinar that examines the key trends shaping digital transformation across Africa.
The invitation-only webinar will provide a detailed digital transformation (DX) roadmap that helps organizations navigate Africa's shifting industry landscape. Mark will explore DX-related focus areas such as:
- Capitalizing on the region's demand-spike for online business channels, requiring accelerated expansion of public cloud services and enhanced mobile data infrastructure.
- Moving to opex-based services with increased adoption of hosted, managed, and / or software-defined services.
- Adopting enterprise connectivity through 4G services to leverage mobility and to support remote workforce management and collaboration needs.
"Now, more than ever, organizations are seeking to accelerate the deployment of applications and services to address their DX needs," says Ronnie. "At the same time, they are being challenged to provide unique digital experiences across every step of the customer journey - requiring software that spans finance, HR, and supply chain - as well as applications that are both secure and compliant with local regulations."
Implementing a region-specific DX strategy that targets business challenges and addresses strategic objectives is crucial to organizational success. According to IDC:
- 94 percent of CIOs in Sub-Saharan Africa have plans to maximize investments in cloud-enabled applications
- 71 percent of CIOs in Sub-Saharan Africa are enhancing tech-enabled collaboration and engagement among business executives
- 57 percent of organizations in Sub-Saharan Africa are accelerating existing DX efforts, while 45 percent are continuing with DX initiatives as planned.
“DX is no longer just an option - every enterprise and organization must now prioritize its efforts in this area to remain competitive and better serve their constituents,” adds Ronnie.