Stadio to buy Milpark Education


Stadio, the JSE-listed investment firm with links to Curro, which recently announced its plans to develop private higher education institutions in South Africa, has announced that it will be buying the 20-year-old educational institution, Milpark Education, for R320 million

Picured: Dr Chris van der Merwe, Stadio CEO

Stadio said in a statement:

"The acquisition of Milpark provides Stadio with a wide variety of additional qualifications in the business and commerce faculty, and will assist Stadio in widening access to higher education in South Africa… Stadio intends to acquire several additional programmes (including degrees, higher certificates and diplomas) in order to expand its offering to students, which include school leavers and working adults, through both contact and distance learning modes of delivery."

Stadio will have a 70 percent stake, with Brimstone holding the remaining 30 percent.

Related articles