GIBS Business School to host FinTech event 28 July
The second FinTech Africa event will be hosted by the Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS) in Illovo on 28 July 2015. During the event 100 insiders, experts, startups and investors will discuss the developments and challenges for FinTech in Africa, with a particular focus on South Africa. The Dutch life hacker Martijn Aslander will be one of the exciting speakers, GIBS experts will give insight into recent trends and hot and happening companies will present themselves.
The collaboration with GIBS was finalised today in the presence of Nishen Munnisunker, Director: Executive Education Open Programmes and of Wan Liew, Programme Manager: Conferences. They were both enthusiastic about the nascent collaboration with FinTech Africa and CFO South Africa and noted many synergies with GIBS. we also discussed possible involvement of GIBS in the 2016 CFO Awards process.
Nishen explained a little bit about GIBS's three flagship programs and the drive to make the programs more functional, for example aimed specifically at CIOs or CFOs. The discussion was attended by Graham Fehrsen and Melle Eijckelhoff of CFO South Africa and Kevin Mottard of the CFO Association in The Netherlands, an international sister organisation to CFO South Africa.
- FinTech - Mobile money transforms access to financial services
- FinTech - Nomanini CEO Vahid Monadjem chats about its prepaid vendi...e
- All about the launch of FinTech Africa on March 17 2015
- Join the FinTech Africa Event 'Challenges and Developments' on 28 July 2015 in Johannesburg. RSVP now here or contact us on [email protected] or +27 11 0837515.
- Stay connected, up to date and in the loop on what is happening in the world of finance and keep track of newly published expert insights and interviews with CFOs and CEOs. Become an online member and receive our newsletter, follow us on Twitter and join us on LinkedIn.