CFO Summit partner Oracle supports the "augmented CFO"
Oracle and the CFO Summit focus on "Tomorrow, today". See this in action at Thursday's event.
This week on Thursday 8 November CFO South Africa will be hosting a CFO Summit themed “Tomorrow, Today” at the Equinox Leadership and Innovation Centre.
Oracle has come on board as a sponsor of the event in light of the clear synergy that exists between the event and Oracle’s own initiative “Your tomorrow today”, which expresses that the technology that the future is anticipated to deliver is already here.
“These advancements in technology are already shaping the way that we work,” says Derek Bose, applications country leader for South Africa at Oracle. “If we compare ourselves now to ten years ago versus how we are today, we can see how effective and efficient we have already become.”
He adds that within that broader Oracle theme is a specific focus on the CFO, which they call the “augmented CFO”, which touches on four “superpowers” already available to those in this line of work:
- Automate: Having a digital twin who completes all the mundane processes while the CFO gets to focus on the long-term, value-adding, strategic work.
- See: Delivering insight anywhere and at any time, through common mobile devices. A CFO can keep track of running stats on their phone and present them instantly in a meeting or board presentation.
- Impact: Now that the CFO can automate their mundane tasks and see what’s happening in their world, they can drive towards certain outcomes. They have become a business partner.
- Shape: How to apply technology to radically improve productivity – tech like the Internet of Things, real-time feedback loops and blockchain.
“Our education drive is to educate CFOs that they can have these superpowers, and that these existing technologies can give them capabilities far beyond what they have today. And it’s giving them a work-life balance – they can do their jobs in time, and turn off and go home, and be a mom or a dad or a sibling to their families. We are seeing that technology really is producing these gains.”
Little wonder then that Oracle came on board as a sponsor of the CFO Summit, since their initiative is so closely aligned to the event’s theme. The valuable learnings of the event will be expressed through this illuminating programme:
A panel discussion with leading CFOs Arno Daehnke (Standard Bank Group) and Rui Morais (Dis-Chem), followed by three extraordinary learning sessions, delivered by:
- Lauren Berrington (Audit executive - Bidvest)
- Paul Steenkamp (Change and innovation guru)
- Prof. Brian Armstrong (Wits Business School)
John Deane, CFO community manager, says:
“We’ve had enthusiastic feedback from participating CFOs about the quality of the line-up and the learning opportunities afforded by the event. It’s a great way to end a year of scintillating and insightful knowledge sharing opportunities for our CFO community. We’re looking forward to hosting South Africa’s leading finance executives at this event, and at many more in 2019.”
Ansarada and EY are also event partners of the CFO Summit. There are still a few spaces left for finance leaders who don’t want to miss out.