Comair has appointed four new directors to its board
Bidvest CEO designate Mpumi Madisa is one of the four new appointments.
On Tuesday 21 January, Comair announced the appointment of four new directors to its board, as well as a lead independent non-executive director, chief information officer and company secretary.
The appointments include:
- Chairman of the audit committee and independent non-executive director Naran Maharajh has been appointed as the lead independent non-executive director with immediate effect.
- Executive manager of governance, risk and compliance Kim Gorringe has been appointed as the new company secretary with effect from 16 February 2020.
- Avsharn Bachoo has been appointed as the chief information officer with effect from 1 February 2020.
- Former general manager of flight operations at SAA Capt. Colin Jordaan has been appointed to the board of directors.
- CEO designate of Bidvest Group Nompumelelo “Mpumi” Madisa (pictured) has been appointed to the board of directors.
- Farzanah Mall has been appointed to the board of directors.
- Head of the MBA Programme for the Henley Business School, Africa, Tebogo Mekgoe has been appointed to the board of directors.
The new appointments come shortly after the resignation of a number of Comair’s long-serving directors, as well as the resignation of its FD Kirsten King and CEO Erik Venter.
It also follows the appointment of aviation industry veteran Wrenelle Stander as its new group CEO.