PPS's Tiffany Boesch shares seven steps for women to successfully manage their careers
The PPS CFO emphasises that, to succeed, women need to be passionate about what they do.
Whether you are an established career woman or breaking into the financial industry, having the desire and earning the trust of your colleagues will pay dividends, says PPS CFO Tiffany Boesch. “Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe.”
Tiffany shares some of the lessons she’s learnt over time that will help women manage their careers wisely.
- Work hard. Completing tasks to the best of your ability will reward you in future.
- Don’t take your gender as a weakness or a ticket to get you where you want to be. The boardroom is tough and there is no room for unnecessary emotion.
- Embrace your diversity. Women bring inherent qualities such as intuition and a different way of thinking to the table which allows us to pick up cues that others may miss.
- Put your name in the ring. You can proactively ask to take on a project if you believe you are able or want to develop your capabilities in other areas of the business.
- Take accountability and responsibility. Don’t be scared to say that you do not understand, ask questions or voice your opinion.
- Remember, ask for the promotion if you believe you are worth it.
- Most importantly, be you. Too often we limit ourselves by trying to be accepted or trying too hard to fit in.
Tiffany emphasises that to succeed, you need to be passionate about what you do, take initiative and carve out your place. “Ultimately, this leads to innovation and creating the opportunities for the business to grow as well as developing your own capabilities.”