Oracle strengthens leading cloud ERP
- Touchless operations, predictive planning, and digital assistant focus helps customers pivot to growth
- More than 7,300 organizations across different industries and geographies rely on Oracle Cloud ERP to run their business
Extending its lead in the cloud ERP market, Oracle has announced updates to Oracle Fusion Cloud Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Oracle Fusion Cloud Enterprise Performance Management (EPM). The latest innovations help finance teams leverage touchless operations, predictive planning, and digital assistants to pivot towards growth.
“2020 has been one of the most challenging years to run a business, putting added pressure on finance teams to balance short-term challenges with longer-term strategic initiatives,” said Rondy Ng, senior vice president of applications development, Oracle. “Our newest innovations help finance teams rapidly adapt to the current economic climate, drive new business models, and improve strategic decision-making; all designed to help our customers define their future.”
The latest product updates enable organizations of all sizes to quickly and easily take advantage of innovations in artificial intelligence, digital assistants, and natural language processing. These advancements help finance teams improve decision-making with real-time insights, simplify business processes, and drive efficiencies needed to pivot organizations towards growth.
Increased Efficiency with Touchless Operations: New features and capabilities that help organizations increase efficiency, speed, and accuracy with touchless operations include:
- Intelligent Process Automation: Helps improve financial close and account reconciliation by using configurable and intelligent rules and patterns to automate manual tasks. Automating a large portion of reconciliations allows customers to focus on complex issues requiring human judgment.
- Intelligent Account Combination Defaulting: Automatically predicts and enters code segments for invoices not associated with purchase orders based on machine-learning. This allows customers to automate routine and mundane data entry and reduce invoice processing time, with the system improving predictions with continued usage.
- Automated Tagging of Regulatory Reports: Automates the tagging of regulatory reports (such as 10K and 10Q) using the customer’s SEC XBRL taxonomy based on advanced language processing and pattern recognition. This allows users to focus on quality and validation of required reporting and narratives versus spending time on repetitive tagging tasks.
Improve Decision Making with Predictive Planning: Organizations can intelligently plan and rapidly execute with new capabilities that include:
- Intelligent Performance Management: Uncovers hard-to-spot data patterns to deliver actionable and contextual insights at the right time, helping improve the quality and business impact of financial and operational decisions. Customers can quickly uncover correlations and realize faster time-to-action.
- Corporate and Project Planning and Budgeting Capabilities: Combines planning and budgeting with project management to improve execution of strategic corporate plans and control of approved projects. This enables ad-hoc scenario modeling to plan costs for indirect and capital projects, while also creating a single business flow to increase cost visibility, reduce approval times, and accelerate project execution.
- Business Continuity Management: Helps customers prepare for potential operational, safety, and security risks that might be caused by future events. This allows finance teams to quickly assess risks, document and approve recovery plans, and keep executives informed to minimize reputational, operational, and financial impacts.
Improve User Productivity and Collaboration with Digital Assistants: Simple conversational and contextual user experience features that benefit all users include:
- Project Time Entry: Predicts project time entry, simplifies tasks and expenses entry, and reconciles month-end processes for project professionals.
- Expanded Collaboration Platforms: Help teams collaborate in common platforms including SMS, Slack, and Microsoft Teams.
Additional advanced industry-specific features that support utilities, oil and gas, asset-intensive industries, and professional services include:
- Joint Venture Management Capabilities for Utilities and Oil and Gas: Support retroactive billing adjustments, partner reimbursements, and partner contributions to improve the accuracy of joint venture accounting, shorten the financial close period, avoid costly billing disputes, and reduce project costs.
- Complex Procurement Capabilities for Asset-Intensive Industries: Help ensure compliance with contractual obligations over the duration of a project. By creating and managing supplier invoices matched to purchase orders with retainage payment terms, this helps organizations hold back retainage and only release the retained amount once the contract is completed.
- Flexible Resource Scheduling for Professional Services: Helps project-centric organizations benefit from flexible scheduling when planning, requesting, and assigning labor resources on a project. This enables customers to plan for a specified number of hours or variable hours each week and generate resource requests, and evaluate capacity based on weekly hours requested and total hours available.
Oracle was recently named the sole Leader in Gartner’s 2020 “Magic Quadrant for Cloud ERP for Product-Centric Enterprises1” for Oracle ERP Cloud for the second consecutive time. Oracle was also recognized as a Leader in Gartner’s 2020 “Magic Quadrant for Cloud Core Financial Management Suites for Midsize, Large and Global Enterprises2” for Oracle ERP Cloud for the fourth consecutive year and Gartner’s “Magic Quadrant for Cloud Financial Planning and Analysis Solutions3” for the third consecutive year.
1 Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Cloud ERP for Product-Centric Enterprises, Tim Faith, Duy Nguyen, Denis Torii, Paul Schenck, Christian Hestermann, 22 June 2020. Previous title included Magic Quadrant for Cloud ERP for Product-Centric Midsize Enterprises.
2 Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Cloud Core Financial Management Suites for Midsize, Large and Global Enterprises, Robert Anderson, John Van Decker, Greg Leiter, 29 June 2020
3 Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Cloud Financial Planning and Analysis Solutions, Robert Anderson, John Van Decker, Greg Leiter, 8 August 2019
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
The Oracle Cloud offers a complete suite of integrated applications for Sales, Service, Marketing, Human Resources, Finance, Supply Chain and Manufacturing, plus Highly Automated and Secure Generation 2 Infrastructure featuring the Oracle Autonomous Database. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), please visit us at www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.