Nominees share their insights about staying agile and thinking outside the box at the CFO Awards interviews.
The 2020 CFO Awards interview week kicked off on Monday 27 January at Deloitte’s head offices in Woodmead as CFO South Africa and representatives from the esteemed judging panel dived deep into the nominees’ stories.
CFO South Africa community manager John Deane said:
“It was an incredibly inspiring week, hearing insights from finance leaders who have been forced to be agile and think outside the box, to ensure the business success of their organisations in spite of these challenging economic times.”
With the interviews continuing into next week, judges and nominees have already expressed their anticipation of the CFO Awards, which will be taking place on 14 May.
At the annual ‘Oscars for South African finance professionals’, which is now entering its seventh year, CFOs of listed companies, large corporations, state-owned entities and government institutions are recognised and rewarded for their outstanding performance and leadership.
Nominees have all mentioned that the rigorous interview process has given them a chance to reflect on the work that they’ve done and the milestones that they’ve achieved in recent years.
The nominees are:
- Angela Pillay, Sasfin FD
- Ashley Francis, University of Cape Town Executive Finance Director
- Bernardt van der Linde, Curro Holdings Finance Director
- Bryan Groome, Verimark Finance Director
- Cheryl-Jane Kujenga, Adcorp Holdings CFO
- Dion Mhlaba, RH Bophelo CFO
- Dorette Neethling, Adcock Ingram Holdings CFO
- Elisa Mkhize, Clinix Health Group CFO
- Euan McNeil, Flight Centre Travel Group CFO – MEA
- Innocent Gumbochuma, Quality Council for Trades and Occupations CFO
- Jason Quinn, Absa Group CFO
- Keith Gibson, Netcare Group CFO
- Louraine Rossouw, Department of Justice and Constitutional Development CFO
- Mark Godfrey, Spar Group CFO
- Narriman Taliep, V&A Waterfront CFO
- Nishlan Samujh, Investec Group FD
- Norman Basthdaw, Sun International CFO
- Raisibe Morathi, Nedbank Group CFO
- Rhett Finch, King Price Insurance CFO
- Riaan Koppeschaar, Exxaro Director of Finance
- Risto Ketola, Momentum Metropolitan Holdings Group FD
- Rivasha Maharaj, Afgri Group Holdings CFO
- Shabeer Khan, the Department of Trade and Industry CFO
- Ted Wilcox, PepsiCo SSA, CFO
- Tsholofelo Molefe, Telkom CFO
- Tsundzukani Mhlanga, ItalTile Executive Director: Group Finance
- Xolani Mbambo, Grindrod FD