CFO South Africa MD Joël Roerig on finding new ways to bring executives together during social isolation.
Never has COMMUNITY been more important than in this time of social distancing, fear and uncertainty. The CFO South Africa and CHRO South Africa communities are stepping up in the coming weeks and months to be there in times that connections, support, perspective, consolation and fresh ideas are needed most.
- Flatten the curve! Among all the unknowns, one thing is clear: social distancing and postponing of events can "flatten the curve" of the impact of the new coronavirus and save lives. Our fantastic team is (hard)working from home from today and all physical CFO and CHRO events are rescheduled for Q4 and, hopefully, Q3.
- Connect! As long as the Covid-19 restrictions are in place, we will host online CFO and CHRO sessions every week. We will try out various formats and invite the community to participate and grow together. Some of the rescheduled events will ALSO take place on the initial date: online, with participation from the originally scheduled speakers and panelists and including focused online breakaway sessions.
- Read and share! CFO Magazine, CFO.co.za, CHRO Magazine and CHRO.co.za are the portals that finance and HR professionals turn to when they want to find out how leaders are dealing with challenges and opportunities. The purpose and promise of these media outlets is to stand firmly at the core of the communities.
- Celebrate! HR Indaba Africa and Finance Indaba Africa on 14 and 15 October will be a celebration of the resilience of South African business and a pressure cooker of new ideas and energy for both finance and HR. If Covid-19 somehow forces us to move the events a few months along, the desire for learning and networking will only grow. The indabas will be there for all finance and HR professionals!
Of course, these are scary times! Access to all events and online knowledge is completely free for CFOs and HR execs – and you will even continue to receive free copies of CFO Magazine and CHRO Magazine. This is only possible through the fantastic support of the following friends of the communities:
CFO Community partners: Deloitte (principal), SAP Concur, Standard Bank and Workday (executive) and Clarkhouse Human Capital, Coupa, Jaguar Landrover and Transparent (associate)
CHRO Community partners: Momentum Corporate and Workday (principal) and Clarkhouse Human Capital, Compliance Online, Sanlam, SAP Concur and Skillogical (associate).
How can YOU help or participate?
- If you have been involved in our communities, please say something nice about them (to convince your peers to join) and let me know at [email protected] if we can sign you up for our online sessions in the coming months.
- If you are a CFO or HR exec who wants to get involved, please let me know.
- If you want to provide support to and interact with the communities, let me know.
- If you want to celebrate with thousands of HR and/or finance professionals in October AND showcase your solutions or expertise, please let me know.
#Community2020 beats #Covid19 any day!