SA's top entrepreneurial competition finalists revealed
The 22 finalists of South Africa's premier entrepreneurial platform, the 2012 Sanlam / Business Partners Entrepreneur of the Year® competition, have been announced today.
According to Nimo Naidoo, project manager of the 2012 Sanlam / Business Partners Entrepreneur of the Year® competition, this year has set a benchmark in terms of celebrating entrepreneurial excellence in the country, resulting in encouraging entries from very talented South African entrepreneurs. "The calibre of entrants and quality of preparation packs received in 2012, which is a combination of all necessary details required in order to assess the entrepreneurs, has improved tremendously in comparison to the 2011 entries."
The 22 finalists going through to the judging phase are:
- Imran Khan, Attitution: a national education company that offers extra lessons to school children, as well as university learners in their first three years of studies.
- Tabisa Nomnganga, Bravo Promotions: a full spectrum below the line marketing and communications agency.
- Kamille Padayachee, ThoughtFire Events: an events management company that also offers clients a wide range of public relations services.
- Quinten Dickerson, True Water: a company specialising in the distribution and installation of high quality water filtration, disinfection and sanitation equipment.
- Fritz Strydom, Blomo Plastics: a company specialising in technical blow moulding.
- Martin Brown, Radical Mobility: a company that designs, manufactures and markets power wheelchairs, which maximise mobility and comfort for disabled people.
- Stuart Forrest, Triggerfish Animation Studios: a Cape Town-based media and entertainment company.
- Mike Eilertsen, LIVEOUTLOUD: an all-encompassing luxury lifestyle brand, comprising of a magazine, events company and travel agency.
- George Ferreira, TJ'S Lekka Braai: a braai-focused business that supplies wood, charcoal, briquettes, firelighters, paraffin and related products.
- Madelé Ferreira, Mooihoek Boerdery: a producer of spinach, leeks and strawberries on a 40 ha farm in the Gamtoos Valley in the Eastern Cape.
- Suretha Barnard, The Junior Academy: a pre-school operating in the East of Johannesburg.
- Hennie Burger, MSEC Security: provider of security to individual clients, as well as corporates in the Mossel Bay, Oudtshoorn, George and the entire Garden Route area.
- Gianmarco Lorenzi, Cleardata: a provider of secure on- and off-site document destruction services for the corporate market.
- Michélle Booysen, Pétanque Consultancy: a management consultancy offering strategy formulation, strategy delivery and project management services.
- Warren Graver, Enviro Deck: a company that sells and services environmentally friendly decking and finishing products in the real estate industry segment.
- Bengy and Shereen Premrajh, UKD Marketing: a manufacturer of custom made kitchen and bedroom furniture for private homes and free standing kitchen units for retail stores.
- William Duk, The Plantation Shutter: specialist in the design, manufacturing and installation of superior quality, custom-designed adjustable louvre window and door shutters.
- Justin Hawes, Scan Display Solutions: a leader in the Southern African exhibition and display market.
- Trevor Davids, Trevor Davids Plumbing: a company providing a broad range of services to the construction industry in the Western Cape.
- Carol Wearing, Thebe Exhibitions and Projects Group: one of Southern Africa's most forward thinking and successful exhibition, special project, event and conferencing companies.
- Anthea Ambursley, AnanziBiz: a company satisfying the needs of the discerning corporate traveller, namely guest house and self-catering accommodation, tours and transfer services, corporate catering and events management.
- Leon Mienie, Ebenhaeser Engineering: a full-service engineering and machine shop.
The Sanlam / Business Partners Entrepreneur of the Year® winners will be announced on 6 September 2012 at the official awards breakfast in Johannesburg. "We are very excited to venture into the final stages of the 2012 competition and wish all of the finalists the best of luck," says Naidoo.
Stay connected, up to date and in the loop on what is happening in the world of finance by subscribing to our newsletter and following us onTwitter. Also to keep track of newly published interviews with CFOs and CEOs.
Category: Guest Articles