Sanlam Group appoints acting CFO Wikus Olivier as group executive of strategy
Wikus's appointment will support Sanlam's reviewed strategy with effect from 1 October 2020.
Sanlam Group has announced the appointment of acting CFO Wikus Olivier as group executive of strategy from 1 October 2020.
Wikus was appointed interim CFO on 1 August 2019 while the group was undergoing a recruitment process to fill the role of group FD permanently. He is a member of the board of directors of a number of Sanlam subsidiaries, including non-executive director of Sanlam Capital Markets and Genbel Securities.
Since joining Sanlam in 2000, Wikus has held various senior positions in the actuarial, group tax services and financial reporting areas. He held the position of executive head of group finance before his appointment as interim CFO.
Wikus is a qualified CA(SA) and holds a B.Hons in accounting from Stellenbosch University.
The group has recently completed a review of its strategy and has reshuffled its executive team to support the reviewed strategy, which includes a special focus on clients and a focus on the digital transformation of the entire business to improve the customer and intermediary experience.
In support of the updated strategy and to facilitate the new changes, the current Sanlam Personal Finance business cluster will be split into two clusters, SA Retail Mass and SA Retail Affluent, with effect from 1 September. These two clusters, together with Sanlam Corporate, will form part of a new Life and Savings cluster.
Other appointments include:
- Current CEO of Sanlam Personal Finance Jurie Strydom has been appointed CEO of the newly established Life and Savings cluster.
- Kanyisa Mkhize has been appointed CEO of Sanlam Corporate.
- Current CEO of African Rainbow Life Bongani Madikiza has been appointed as CEO of SA Retail Mass, which comprises Sanlam Sky, Safrican and African Rainbow Life.
- Current chief risk officer and chief actuary Anton Gildenhuys has been appointed as CEO of SA Retail Affluent.
- Mlondolozi Mahlangeni has been appointed chief risk officer and chief actuary.
- Current CEO of Sanlam Sky Karl Socikwa has been appointed group executive of market development.
Santam CEO Lizé Lambrechts, Sanlam Investment Group CEO Robert Roux, Sanlam Emerging Markets CEO Heinie Werth, group executive of brand Sydney Mbhele and Group HR director Jeanett Modise will remain in their current roles.