CIMA announces new Africa regional board
Following a call for nominations and elections for the first Africa regional board under the Association, Badibanga Promesse (pictured), regional VP Africa for CIMA, has announced that the following people have accepted their election and appointment to the new Africa regional board:
- Daniel Luswili (Zambia) - chairman, appointed
- Swati Nathwani (Kenya) - vice chair, appointed
- Andrew Akoto (Ghana) - appointed
- Babatunde Osho (Nigeria) - appointed
- Dennis McCarthy (South Africa) - elected
- Henry Botha (South Africa) - appointed
- Jordan Chipatala (Malawi) - elected
- Kimeshnee Gounden (South Africa) - appointed student
- Mumba Kalifungwa (Botswana) - elected
- Sibongile Yaka (South Africa) - appointed student
"I look forward to some exciting times under the Association and cannot wait to get things in motion and provide excellent services to our members and students in Africa."
The chairman and vice chairman will serve one-year terms in such capacities, with the vice chairman ascending to become the chair. The members of the regional boards can serve a maximum of three consecutive one-year terms to provide continuity, while also creating additional opportunities for a large and diverse stakeholder group to serve.