The future of investing in FinTech in Africa? Join us on 20 October!
FinTech Africa is back, with an event that promises to be bigger, better and even more inspiring than the July event in Johannesburg. Hosted by the University of Stellenbosch Business School Executive Development (USB-ED) at their Bellville campus in Cape Town, national and international speakers and panellists will shed their light on the f future of investing in FinTech in Africa. Whether you are an investor or a FinTech entrepreneur, the event on 20 October 2015 is one you should not miss!
The afternoon will be kicked off by Dutch abundance prophet Martijn Aslander, whose contrarian and radical views have already taken the South African corporate world by storm – but are probably even more relevant to professionals that operate on the edge of finance and technology. Why are small companies better, smarter and faster and more fun? Why do big corporates fear for their future? Why will the age of abundance change everything? Martijn has the answers.
Stellenbosch University’s own Ophthalmology Registrar William Mapham will then share some practical advice from his MedTech experience. His widely acclaimed Vula Eye Health App is making waves across the globe, attracting investment from various corners. At our previous event it was Wizzit founder Brian Richardson, who shared some invaluable lessons from the real world.
- FinTech Africa event: as it happened (with all the tweets!)
- All about the launch of FinTech Africa on March 17 2015
- Q&A with FinTech guru Nicole Anderson
- Mobile money transforms access to financial services
- Wizzit CEO Brian Richardson aims at the 'unbanked'
- A chat to FinTech investor Dominique Collett (RMI)
- Nomanini CEO Vahid Monadjem chats about its prepaid vending machine
With speakers and panellists that include British FinTech guru Nicole Anderson, Barclay’s investment ace Warren Squires and inspiring entrepreneurs like MedTech developer William Mapham, you are likely to be inspired and guaranteed to be challenged in your thinking.
The second part of the event consists of two panel discussions with some amazing contributors and ample room for input from the audience. British Nicole Anderson, founder and CEO of FinTech Circle Innovate, has made a point of flying out from London specifically for the even in Bellville and her take on what corporate investors believe the future holds for FinTech is something to look forward to. Earlier she told us that the time for FinTech Afica is now – hesitation could be detrimental.
Other members of the panel will be Barclay's investment executive Warren Squires, Intelligent Debt Managament Group COO Benay Sager and Global FinTech Advisor & Investor Perry Blacher. Of course we’ll also hear from entrepreneurs. Confirmed participants are the CEO of GetBucks Dave van Niekerk, Zoona’s co-founder Brett Magrath and Patrick Schofield, the man behind crowd funding platform Thundafund.
- Join the FinTech Africa Event 'The future of investing in FinTech in Africa' on 20 October 2015 in Bellville, Cape Town. RSVP now here or contact us on [email protected]or +27 11 0837515.
- Stay connected, up to date and in the loop on what is happening in the world of finance and keep track of newly published expert insights and interviews with CFOs and CEOs. Become an online member and receive our newsletter, follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and join us on LinkedIn.