The Discovery Vitality SA business is Discovery's behaviour-change and rewards platform.
Discovery’s core purpose is to make people healthier and to enhance and protect their lives. We seek out and invest in exceptional individuals who understand and support our core purpose, and whose own values align with those of Discovery. Our fast-paced and dynamic environment enables smart, self-driven people to be their best. As a global thought leader, Discovery is passionate about innovating to not only achieve financial success, but to ignite positive and meaningful change in society.
The Vitality SA business is Discovery’s behaviour-change and rewards platform that underpins Discovery’s various financial services products. The Vitality CFO reports to the Vitality CEO, is a member of Exco and a Director on the Vitality Board and sits on the Discovery Group Audit Committee.
The CFO is responsible for financial management and reporting, as well as the commercial and legal functions for Vitality. These functions play a central role in managing all strategic partner relationships.
Areas of responsibility may include but not limited to:
- Financial management and reporting
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Commercial and legal
- Finance operations
- Payment operations
- Data operations
Vitality’s new CFO will ideally have the following competencies:
- Economic market awareness (locally and internationally)
- Legal and commercial knowledge and astuteness
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strategic mindset
- Analytical and business intelligence aptitude
- Risk assessment skills
- Innovation and financial management
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Communication and cross company collaboration
Qualifications and Experience
- CFO/Financial Director experience
- Degree plus recognised professional accounting qualification CA(SA) or CMA
- 10+ Years post qualification experience
- Commercial exposure and experience in contract negotiation and relationship management
- Experience in managing multidisciplinary teams
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
Please email your application to [email protected].