OWN YOUR TIME: anticipation ahead of Lori Milner's Finance Indaba workshop
Effective time management is not about how to get more things done; it's about how to get the RIGHT things done.
What if we stopped celebrating being busy as a measurement of importance? That will be one of the central questions during Lori Milner's much-anticipated presentation on 3 October 2018 at Finance Indaba Africa (12h00 in Boardroom 3). Lori is the engaging facilitator, thought leader and mentor known for her insightful approach to being a modern corporate woman. Her brainchild, the successful initiative Beyond the Dress, is the embodiment of her passion to empower women.
Lori argues that effective time management is about making the wisest possible investment of your time and energy in order to operate at your highest point of contribution by doing only what is essential. She says:
"The reality is that you can’t manage time, all you can do is manage the decisions about how you’re going to spend your day and what you’re going to do."
This engaging workshop is part of the free training demo series that the Finance Indaba offers to attendees. It will provide participants with a full toolkit enabling them to take control of their days and not feel like their days are controlling them. They leave feeling empowered, with a sense of ownership that helps to eliminate stress and distraction, and increase productivity.
- What it means to ‘own your time’
- How to focus effectively on the right actions
- How to set diverse yet measurable goals
- Master prioritising
- How and why to strive for work/life integration
- Which scheduling tools can be used to change the game
- How to be more proactive in planning
- Overcome time wasters like procrastination
- Develop strategies to maximise time and energy
- Habits: you are what you do consistently