Nominate the CFO that inspires you most to be recognised at the 2023 CFO Awards.
The nominations for the 2023 CFO Awards are now open, and it’s your chance to put your CFO in the spotlight! Whether they’ve introduced an amazing new strategy to navigate the new normal, encouraged transformation and empowerment in an increasingly diverse society, brought the finance function to a whole new level with technology, or simply been an exceptional leader, give them the recognition they deserve by nominating them now!
This year, we saw the likes of Tiger Brands group CFO Deepa Sita, Hollard CFO Dirk Viljoen, Momentum Metropolitan Retail CFO Risto Ketola, Lanseria International Airport CFO Mpolaheng Mohlopi and Thungela CFO Deon Smith walk away winners at the 2022 CFO Awards. And the big winner of the evening, receiving the prestigious honour of CFO of the Year, was Standard Bank chief finance and value management officer Arno Daehnke.
Read the highlights here:
- Standard Bank Group’s Arno Daehnke named CFO of the Year 2022
- 2022 CFO awards live up to the “Oscars of the finance profession” title
- CFO Awards keynote reveals that finance leaders need to be ambidextrous
The annual CFO Awards recognise CFOs of listed companies, large corporations, state-owned entities and government institutions and award them for outstanding performance and leadership. More than 350 top CFOs, VIPs and business partners will attend the event to enjoy networking, entertainment and a scrumptious dinner.
Nominees will undergo intensive interviews and a rigorous judging process to determine the winners of the various awards being presented on the night of the ceremony. The awards will be:
- Public Sector CFO of the Year
- Young CFO of the Year
- Strategy Execution Award
- Transformation and Empowerment Award
- Compliance and Governance Award
- Finance Transformation Award
- Moving into Africa Award
- Finance and Technology Award
- High-performance Team Award
But the biggest question of all: Who will be the next CFO of the Year? They will join the ranks of:
- 2014 – Simon Ridley, then group FD at Standard Bank
- 2015 – Deon Viljoen, then CFO Alexander Forbes
- 2016 – Reeza Isaacs, CFO Woolworths
- 2017 – Till Streichert, CFO Vodacom
- 2018 – Christine Ramon, CFO AngloGold Ashanti
- 2019 – Ralph Mupita, CFO MTN
- 2020 – Jason Quinn, CFO Absa
- 2021 – Bongi Ngoma, CFO Auditor General of South Africa
- 2022 – Arno Daehnke, chief finance and value management officer Standard Bank