Finance Indaba Africa is the only annual event on the continent where 5,000 finance professionals gather under one roof for two days to advance their knowledge, networks and careers. Come and see world-renowned speakers and visit the stands of over 60 exhibitors, and build yourself a better future.
Pictured: Martijn Aslander, lifehacker
- Finance professionals and accountants register for the Finance Indaba for free with code FB2017!
Back by popular demand: Vusi + Martijn
Besides the American culture guru Stan Slap, there will be a host of other world-renowned speakers climbing on stage on 12 and 13 October. Two of the most enjoyed speakers from last year's event will be back by popular demand: Vusi Thembekwayo and Martijn Aslander. Vusi opened the inaugural indaba last year with a thought-provoking talk on innovation and disruption, a speech that has become a viral YouTube hit since then. Martijn is a renowned standup philosopher and lifehacker from The Netherlands, who challenged the audience with a talk titled 'Forget ownership, attitude is the key to exponential growth in the 21st century'. Both speakers have indicated that their contributions at #findaba17 will be even more brutal, frank and incisive.
Nonkululeko Gobodo + top CFOs
One of the most anticipated presentations of the event will be delivered by the inspirational Nonkululeko Gobodo, the country's first female black accountant and founding mother of SizweNtsalubaGobodo. She will also participate in a discussion with some of the country's best female CFOs, like Takeda's award-winning finance boss Debbie Ransby and MMI's Mary Vilakazi, who was recently promoted to deputy CEO.
One of the best ways to plan your itinerary between the many mouthwatering sessions in the Sandton Convention Centre is by using the Thomson Reuters Convene app. In combination with the printed programme guide, it helps visitors pick the most relevant presentations and discussions. No doubt, many will prioritise contributions by Auditor-General Kimi Makwetu and top CFOs like Nishlan Samujh (Investec), Lucas Verwey (Distell), and Christine Ramon (AngloGold Ashanti).
Pictured: Christine Ramon
Latest trends and eye-opening exhibits
With this year's mind-blowing collection of partners and exhibitors, attendees to the Finance Indaba are guaranteed to gain fresh insights about finance solutions, the latest digital tools, recruitment trends, the future of auditing, business optimisation, and cutting-edge consultancies.
5 things you need to know:
1. 12 & 13 October 2017 at the Sandton Convention Centre
2. Free of charge for finance professionals
3. Twitter hashtag #findaba17
4. Finance-indaba.co.za to exhibit or register
5. Email Sarah Chalmers at [email protected] for team registrations
Finance Indaba Africa is the annual one-stop-shop for everything finance teams need to know. Adjacent to the expo floor, the rooms of the Sandton Convention Centre will be hosting more than 15 themed mini-conferences which will have a continuous, varied programme on both 12 and 13 October.
Here are 10 of the most anticipated sessions:
- Inspiration and entertainment. The Finance Indaba Africa brings you live music from the best musicians. Relax your brain, get energised and enjoy the performances. You deserve it! Central stage
- The executive journey. If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader. Meet South Africa's top CFOs during a unique and exclusive series of interviews on stage. Ballroom 2
- The founder's mentality. An obsession for growth, a focus on the frontline and a culture that embraces entrepreneurship - we challenge you to learn what a finance professional can do to become an insurgent in your market. Ballroom 3
- Imagine the future. The beginning of our future is in your imagination. First comes ideas, then organisation into plans; then the transformation of plans into reality. Imagine the future with us and discover the waves of change that will shape it. Ballroom 4
- The new age of data and visual analytics. What if you never missed any revenue opportunities or potential cost savings? What if you substituted guessing for insight and understanding? Stop wandering out into the market like a kudu on a highway! Make analytics your top priority. Boardroom 1
- Boost innovation. Innovation and entrepreneurship are the key drivers to your economic future. What can you do to supercharge the two most important qualities of your business? Find encouragement, support, inspiration and practical advice in this mind-blowing series. Boardroom 2
- Boost your career. Passion is what gives meaning to your live. It's what allows you to achieve success beyond your wildest imagination. Will you find a career path that you have a passion for? Start today and learn how to boost your career. Boardroom 3
- Boost your business. You show your true value in the way you help the business grow. Top finance professionals share a deep knowledge of the business model and value drivers, a strong control of the finances, and the right tools to make smart decisions. Here's how. Boardroom 4
- Boost your profit. You are responsible for building a sustainable business; one that is profitable, robust and resilient. What can you do to massively improve the value of your business? Join us and find new and better ways to increase profit. Boardroom 5
- African FinTech Awards. You are more than welcome to join the African FinTech Awards 2017, where innovative and disruptive FinTech companies are awarded. Meet 400 hand-picked entrepreneurs, bankers, investors and advisors, demonstrate thought leadership, extend your network and develop business. Join the festive award ceremonies! Boardroom 6 & 7
CAs and members of other professional bodies qualify for up to 14 CPD hours by visiting the exhibition and a selection of the 100+ learning sessions.