Finance Indaba 2017: Digital transformation is a cinch with Karabina
"Karabina provides the Office of Finance with technology solutions that transform the function into a modern Digital Finance team that is able to address the growing demands of businesses for access to the right information at the right time," says Heath Turner, Director of Karabina, a gold partner at the Finance Indaba Africa 2017 on 12 and 13 October 2017 at the Sandton Convention Centre in Johannesburg.
- Finance professionals and accountants register for the Finance Indaba for free with code FB2017!
In the coming weeks and months, we will be chatting to all the Indaba partners, asking them why they are joining the event and what their most important message for finance professionals is.
Do you want to learn about how Karabina can help you create a modern digital finance team? Do you want to be informed about the latest and greatest in finance? Then don't miss the Finance Indaba Africa 2017.
The Finance Indaba is the biggest annual event on the continent for financial managers and specialists who are seeking partnerships to drive progress. Thousands of delegates will gain valuable insights into realising financial performance and growth, becoming more efficient and accessing funding, among a host of other opportunities from leading players in financial services.
Why will you be present at the Finance Indaba?
"Karabina provides the Office of Finance with technology solutions that transform the function into a modern Digital Finance team that is able to address the growing demands of businesses for access to the right information at the right time. This is a great opportunity for us to connect with our customers, share our successes with the finance community and reach teams with the same challenges."
What will you be talking about or showcasing?
"Our stand will showcase the Karabina range of software and consulting services that help the finance team of yesterday, to leverage Microsoft technology that will transform them into the streamlined financial environment of tomorrow that plats an important part in the strategic direction and governance of a business. Although this topic is broad, our sessions will focus on sharing our experiences in two areas that are of utmost importance to the finance community - namely:
- Embedding an appropriate System of Financial Record to help maintain and govern all financial transactions across the business
- Enabling Finance with a solution to automate and streamline all financial spreadsheet processes often used in Consolidations, Reporting and Planning."
What challenges can you help finance professionals/firms with in 2017?
- Automation and simplification of the Month-end and Regulatory Reporting
- Shorten Budget Cycles whilst reducing errors and improving overall control
- Rationalisation of Reports and Analytics to improve decision-making
- Orchestration of Finance Data from technology solutions to help drive the business
- Maintaining an up-to-date, reliable and precise record of all financial transactions
- Understanding how Finance Teams can leverage and optimise Microsoft software to achieve modernisation
What has been the key to Karabina winning so many awards over the years?
"The successful track-record we have achieved with our customers and our ongoing commitment to simplify complex solutions, so our customers in business can understand and move forward with confidence."
Does resistance to digital transformation remain a challenge for the company?
"Any technology shift will meet resistance, and whilst the buzzword of 'Digital Transformation' can instil a more elegant better future the reality of technology change and investment is still something companies need to digest before they can move forward. We spend a lot of time helping executives teams to step-through these challenges, and make investments aligned to the right business cycles to reduce resistance and increase the success. If you address the business challenges, take into consideration the users and appropriate investment cycles a technology modernisation (aka Digital Transformation) can make increasingly positive impact without massive friction and resistance."